Humidity adjust

Brian, I would like to be able to adjust the humidity offset. I have a 1wire humidity sensor and have compared it to other sensors and mine runs about 13% higher. You have the place in WD to do this and it works great until the humidity gets near 100%…then it suddenly drops off the deep end. No difference with limit low values or 97% = 100% ticked. When it rains and gets near 100% it suddenly drops to maybe 50% to 70%.

thanks Brian

Chris

the 97% = 100 only applies to the stations that use a humidity sensor where the maximum value reported is only 97% (like the wmr918/wmr918, the la crosse stations, etc)

i limit the hyumidity value so that it cant go over 100%…but i will check i am doing that after adding the humidity offset for the 1 wire…

try a new 9.80c on for size

did about the same. muggy morning here as usual and my sensor shows 100%. d/l 9.80d and set outdoor humidity offset to -12% and it goes nuts. It went all the way down to 8%. Set offset back to 0 and restarted WD and it went back to 100%.

Hi Brian

I’ve had the same problem with the humidity adjustment here. I just never mentioned. My entire 1-wire system is down after a thunderstorm last week. I just got back from a 4 day trip last night and hope that a new 9097u is in the mailbox. I’ll try 980d when I get it back up and let you know.

Hope all is well in NZ.

Cheers

MikeyM

humm…
i will need to review what i have done…
i have been in the wars a bit
got the snip (no more kids), then develop an infection, and i am no on antibiotics for a sore swollen left nut.
(sorry you asked?)
LOL

Hi ,
Sound like your humidity module needs to have the surface mount capacitor replaced . If you look at the board and find the capacitor ( yellow component ) it needs to be replaced . You can replace if with a 0.1uF ceramic . tantalum capacitor .
You can also clean the humidity sensor with isopropyl alcohol .

I repaired mine about a year ago ( had the same problem dropping readings drop to 2, 3 % )

:lol: rocketman

Thanks Rocketman

Mine was working OK, except if I tried to lower the readings with the WD adjustment as it was always a little higher than other reading in the area. Now all the 1-wire sensors are down due to a close lightning strike. I’m waiting for a new 9097U to arrive hoping that it’s that and not all the sensors. I find it hard to beleive that it would have taken all the sensors out, but one never knows. I’ll let you know how I make out with it.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers :smiley:

MikeyM

I had the issue when it was brand new…always providing high values. So I dont think cleaning would help. Not sure about the capacitor.

Brian…it is nothing that you have changed recently. I have had the problem a while just not a show stopper as I would call it. Only when adjusting offset in WD would I see a drop off to low values.

becuase i have added a spike check,for the humidity, you need to change the humidity offset by small amounts only (i,.e by 3 or 4 at a time)
also, a commen mistake, and more with a barometer offset is that, say you have a offset of 5, but its still 3 too low, so you then make the offset 3…but when it actualy fact it should be 5+3, i.e 8…

Thanks for the info Brian

Still waiting for the new 9097U from Maxim. Hopefully tomorrow.

Enjoy taking it easy for a while. Hope you feel better soon.

Cheers

MikeyM

So are you saying change it in increments of 3 a day or every hour? What I have been doing is setting it to -12 or -13 and restarting WD.

thanks
Chris

Brian, I finally had some rain to check to see if the suggestion worked. I gradually worked my way up to an offset of -10% outdoor humidity. As you can see by the graphs, when it rains and the sensor is actually at 100%, WD drops off to 40%. We are in the middle of tropical storm Bill and we are at 100% humidity.

What else can I try?

thanks
Chris

i will get a version up for you that displays the raw value before and after the hum adj is added…

unzip this version to where you have wd installed, and then go to view, program error log to see whats hapening
http://www.weather-display.com/download/weatherdhum.zip

Brian…all this happened in about a minute.
raw hum 105
hum after adjust 90
raw hum 105
hum after adjust 70
raw hum 104
hum after adjust 80
raw hum 104
hum after adjust 60
raw hum 105
hum after adjust 70
raw hum 105
hum after adjust 50
raw hum 105
hum after adjust 60
raw hum 104
hum after adjust 40
raw hum 104
hum after adjust 50
raw hum 105
hum after adjust 30
raw hum 104
hum after adjust 40
raw hum 104
hum after adjust 20
raw hum 104
hum after adjust 30
raw hum 104
hum after adjust 10
raw hum 104
hum after adjust 20

thanks
Chris

ok, i see whats happening now, and i can fix
(its error checking routine i have in there, but which keeps looping)

uploading a fix now…
now i want to work on the 5 day forecast for other than USA

thanks Brian. Sorry to tie you up so long on this. Surprised no one else has run into this. I guess everyone has an accurate humidity sensor except for me. :cry:

Thanks again
Chris

grab a new vers now and see how you go
thanks!