HOWTO: ConsoleWD for Raspberry Pi Setup Instructions - Old version

@Weather Display & @pwsdashboard
Hi Brian

The original post (http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/458513) for the install on the RPi was back in 2013 and there seems to have been some changes and links not there.

Can someone go through and make a new document for the install.
I am also getting confused with what is commands and what is just comments in the original. Can this be changed as well.

I think the install is much easier than people think
you should just need to copy (as sudo) the files in the deploy folder to /usr/lib/ and /user/local/lib/

and then run as sudo ./consolewd

would be good if someone could test that

@Weather Display
Thanks Bryan

After a bit of trial and error and re-doing some steps, it looks like I have got something working, BUT, I am now getting a message (in command screen),
“looking for file /home/pi/outdata.txt”
and displaying this.
I have added a file to the folder but it is not excepting it or not recognising it.

Any clues?

so it is running?
that is good
is that following the simple steps above?

re the error, what weather station type have you set in the config.txt file?

What Pi do you recommend for anyone wanting to start now with WD+Pi, Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ ?

Brian

I did these steps again:
sudo ./configure && make
at the end you will get an error 2 in the make part, ignore that
sudo make install
this finishes without errors

and did your suggestion after that. It got rid of another problem I was having with the “libhid” file.

So, I don’t think it is running as it seems to be held up with the missing file. Below is the final parts of the output in the Terminal screen:
univeral update rate 2
utc hour=3
local hour=13
Weather Display vers WD_console_17.6
If use this program,then please consider sending a PayPal donation to [email protected] (Brian Hamilton)
to help with costs, and support, thanks!
www.weather-display.com
looking for file /home/pi/outdata.txt

Any ideas?

I did these steps again: sudo ./configure && make at the end you will get an error 2 in the make part, ignore that sudo make install this finishes without errors
but those were not my suggestions I just suggested to simply copy the library files from the deploy folder..would have been interesting to see if that worked

now, it is running
but it looks like a problem with the station type
what do you have that set as in the config.txt file (see my post above)

Brian

Mine is a WMR300, so I have the Weather station type=235 set.

@punkro
Did you ever get this to work. There was no more correspondence from you after this post.

oh
you had not said you have a wmr300
I could not get that to work, sorry

Thanks Brian

As in the messages, it seems to get to the WRM300 (“WMR300 opened OK”)

What is the meaning to the “data read length ->-1” ?

Cheers.

Brian

Have made some progress (trial and error).
Changed the station type to 34 (universal).
Set the Comport to 1.

Get this now:

If use this program,then please consider sending a PayPal donation to [email protected] (Brian Hamilton)
to help with costs, and support, thanks!
www.weather-display.com
Data OK
Current data 15:54:55: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
Data OK
Current data 15:54:56: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
Data OK
Current data 15:54:58: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
Data OK
Current data 15:54:59: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
**** doing minute routines now 15:55:00
**** updating clientraw extra files
**** updating data logs
updating wunderground
Sending WU data now
updating records to ini file
WU data to send https://weatherstation.underground.com/

Wunderground data send Ok 15:55:02
Data OK
Current data 15:55:04: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
Data OK
Current data 15:55:06: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
Data OK
Current data 15:55:07: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
Data OK
…etc…
THEN THIS:
Current data 15:55:59: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
**** doing minute routines now 15:56:00
**** updating clientraw extra files
**** updating data logs
Data OK
Current data 15:56:02: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
Data OK
…etc…

My …etc… means same type info following.
A couple of issues are that the Temperature is wrong, and the Wind information and Humidity are not correct (seems to be 0). Barometer is actually 1017.8, so that is wrong, but at least getting somewhere.

So, does this help?

@Weather Station
Brian
Any comment on my previous post?

that is just showing default readings only…not actually working

@Weather Station
Thanks Brian

I have been running Meteohub software, but had problems with the Micro SD card and file failures.
I like the look of your product better and hence tried to install.

Are there certain Linux commands that you run in your programs to open the USB interface and extract the data?

btw, when I do a lsusb on the RPi, I get the following which indicates it recognises the WMR300.
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0fde:ca08 Oregon Scientific
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Any other ideas?

the problem is this error
USBWrite Write Erro Broken pipe
but I am not sure why that is occuring
does Meteohub work with a WMR300?

Thanks Brian

Yes, it does. Have had it working for a number of years.

@Weather Station
Brian

Is there anything I can send to you on the Meteohub files?

If anyone gets this combination to work please post it here…

Oregon Scientific WMR-300 and Raspberry Pi-3b +

Thanks in advance…

re meteohub
consolewd can be set to use data from a meteobridge

I could add support for meteohub?