Has WD been tested on Win2003 server 64 bit?

maybe email me your server settings like you did for you client settings

Ok, I’ll send them.

I tried the test with no luck. However, what bothers me is this - I can change the baud rate, shut the program down, start it up, it does remember the settings, but the data quality light wil be either green or red, but the data received light always blinks green and the counter next to it always increments, REGARDLESS of the baud rate setting. That and the fact that I cannot get the baud rate screen to come up on the VP2+, makes me think that the problem might be in the data logger. I will send you the data, but I am also going to call Davis. Maybe the Data Logger just quit and it’s just a coincidence.

The logger and Weatherlink is the same for VP1 and VP2. I think Brian is right it is a baud rate problem.

Thanks Joe & Brian,

Well, news to report. Thinking I needed to replace the logger, I called Davis. They told me that SOMETIMES THE DATA LOGGER MESSES UP! When that happens, you have to:

1. Diisconnect ALL power from the console, which means AC Adaptor AND remove the battery.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Remove Datalogger from console.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Put Datalogger back into console.
  6. Reapply power.
  7. You should hear 3 beeps.

At that point, he wanted me to install Weatherlink, so I reinstalled v5.4. He said I might lose all my data, but I didn’t. I then used Weatherlink to test where the data was coming from. It was coming from COM 6 which I thought might be my problem. I set the baud rate to 19,200 on Weatherlink and got it working. Then I went back to WD. I got an immediate error, but I ignored it and restarted WD and set things where they are supposed to be - Com 6, VP Pro with UV and Sunshine. Still no luck, but at least I know that there is proper data getting through…

Brian, I am going to try a complete removal then reinstall. If that doesn’t work, we will know, at least that there is proper weather data getting through com 6 at 19.2kbaud and I’ll mail you the two files again. Thanks to all for their help.

did you change wd to use com 6 as well?
(and then restart)
also try swapping the revb or not revb setting
(and then restart)
yes, sometimes the data logger gets messed up and needs powering down (there has been quite a few threads on that here)

No I didn’t try the revision b business. Too late, I’ve blown away the program, but after I reinstall I’ll try it. I just have to find the note you sent me about removing the registry settings and wdisplay.ini. I want to do a really fresh install.

installing to a another directory and creating the 2wd.txt file (or 3wd.txt, etc) is just like a really fresh install, and you still have your old data too

Hi Brian,

Well, I think I have everything working. The only thing missing is that the Davis forecast doesn’t appear on the client screen under the icon like it does on the server screen, but I believe you said that the program won’t do that.

All I did this time was to remove the two files wdftupd.reg and wdisplay.ini and use Windows Control Panel to remove the program. When I reinstalled, I had to enter the registration number (which I did not with the 2wd.txt file). I suspect there is an entry somewhere either in the registry or that .ini file which does not get updated by changing things to the program, otherwise it seems like the second directory thing would have worked. Whatever. At least it is working. Thanks for the help.