Graphics very slow

Has anyone else experienced a major slowdown with the graphics in WD?
I first started seeing this around 9.86 or so, and it’s annoying. Sometimes
it flickers on the screen. Very odd behavior.

If I try to move the WD box around, minimize or restore the box, it
is extremely slow. The process “javaw.exe” get up to 40MB and
gobbles CPU time when I move the WD window.

OS - XP Pro
CPU 2.26GHz P4
1GB Memory
Davis Vantage Pro Wireless

hi
i had one other report of this
but it may be that your pc has the nasty virus?
and or try version 9.88?

Has anyone else experienced a major slowdown with the graphics in WD? I first started seeing this around 9.86 or so, and it's annoying. Sometimes it flickers on the screen. Very odd behavior..........
I have not seen this. I am unable to duplicate it.

No complaint just FYI.
After updating to version 9.88 at 08/21/03 07:51 and 14:54, WD was very slow to update the main screen (Red Data quality). It took over 2 minutes for WD to update the values in all the data boxes (Green Data quality). :smiley:

not sure why the slow update there, nothing changed with that side of things
magee:
does this slow up happen straight away, or after a web page update?
if the later, then tyr turning off the autoscale grapg upload…as i did make a change there that might be the culprit (i am grasping at straws here though)

not sure why the slow update there, nothing changed with that side of things magee: does this slow up happen straight away, or after a web page update? if the later, then tyr turning off the autoscale grapg upload....as i did make a change there that might be the culprit (i am grasping at straws here though)
The slowup happens when the new WD version was installed and run. It is ok. I just wait until there is some time remaining before WD updates the internet items before I unpack and start WD. It is probably my machine. All internet updates good.

The slow update only happens when WD is started in the maximized position. If WD is started Minimized or hidden in the system tray WD updates in a timely fashion. I think this is due to my W2K display. Not a WD problem.

Brian - I’ve got 9.88 running right now, it has been runing all day.
Here’s the current symptoms:

The window for WD “pulses” a shadow for the bottom and the right
lines of it.

When I grab the top of the WD window to move it, the movement is very slow and choppy.

When I click minimize, it freezes the screen for 2-3 seconds and then finally minimizes.

When I restore it, the box appears with no text, just colors from the background of the WD screen (blue on the left, green on the right)
then it fills in after 2-3 seconds.

Each time one of these delays happen, CPU utilization spkies to 100%
either weatherd.exe or javaw.exe gobble the time up.

Does that help explain this?

bingo!
i know what I did!
I added 1 line of code to make a drop shadow on XP
that must be the culprit!
i will take that out!

I watched it for a while, the shadow flashes with each second that passes by on the clock.

I’ll try the “new” version when you recompile. :smiley:

uploading 9.88a now…
it will be ready in about 40 minutes…
milking time here…

:o

That fixed it!

Thanks Brian! Super support, as always!!!

thanks for putting up with me guys (when i go, i wonder what this will do…lets try it and find out…)

No complaint just FYI. After updating to version 9.88 at 08/21/03 07:51 and 14:54, WD was very slow to update the main screen ([color=red]Red[/color] Data quality). It took over 2 minutes for WD to update the values in all the data boxes ([color=green]Green[/color] Data quality). :D
Hi All,

The slow update only happens when WD is started in the maximized position. If WD is started Minimized or hidden in the system tray WD updates in a timely fashion. I think this is due to my W2K display. Not a WD problem. :lol:

Brian,

I know I reported this by email some time ago - but does this problem have any bearing on extremely slow start up times? Even current version I am running (9.89c) is taking over 2 minutes to initialise and start.

Machine - W2K Adv Server on a P2 350 with 512 Mb RAM. However, start up time was same on old P200 machine before this one on NT4 with SP6.

Not a bug - just querying…

if you have 2 years of data records, it will create daily average temperature from those records at startup
but this should not take long
wd takes only 5 seconds or so to start here for with, but the initiaslign of 1 wire sensors takes a bit longer after the program is first displayed

as a test, try starting it in a new directory, with a file called 2wd.txt there , so it starts as a new version
(or 3wd.txt)