Good news

no, it didn’t make any difference. Perhaps I should just buy an envoy from davis and run WD on that one. I can get data and it will log it. but as far as archived data, it just isn’t doing it anymore.

I think I will buy a WD coffee cup and have it near the console, maybe it will get the idea.

A though did strike me ( better than the knee twist - er a torn cartlidge) I wonder if for some quirk it needs several days of data to establish itself? I mean when I would reboot the computer this summer, the program would make up for the missing data by downloading the archive. Perhaps that I don’t have a full month or from the new month of data and that might be something in the works.

Let me see if the school district keeps me and then I will buy one. Our district has to cut 45 positions, not teaching, this year . The gov of Iowa cut 2.1% mid year across all districts so we are down a half million right now, so they want to cut non-teaching jobs to the tune of 45. Also they are asking financial donations. The down side is that next year they are projecting a ten to twelve million dollar deficit to start with. I have seniority and it covers the district so I should be fine, but who is their financial advisior - Osama ?

So maybe that is the route to get an VP envoy, put it on another comm port and see what happens.

Does anyone have an envoy that works with WD?

Joe :stuck_out_tongue:

yes, it does work, for live data :slight_smile:
(but it does not pass through extra sensor data to the download archive)
I know vinay (rocketman) has the same problem as you do with the VP at work…so next time I visit there, I will watch it formyself what is and what is not happening…

what you say interests me. maybe it is the extra data it is waiting for and then bypasses the main data when it perceives that there is no data when there is . In otherwords the options for the extra sensors block the other data?

hmmm 8O

Our district has to cut 45 positions, not teaching, this year . The gov of Iowa cut 2.1% mid year across all districts so we are down a half million right now, so they want to cut non-teaching jobs to the tune of 45.

You and everyone else. My college tution goes up like 5-10% each year. Hmmm the tax cuts don’t seem to be working, but maybe the next one will. :lol:

Chris

one is that I figure out the WD issue with my computer and the other is to win the lottery

My two cents worth:

First, make sure that your VP has been updated to the latest firmware which came out in March. It fixes the following problems:

"Corrected

Elevation entered in meters was not converted correctly. 3.048 ft/meter was used instead of the correct 3.281 ft/meter.

The transmitter reception diagnostics did not account for missed packets when the console was in the

My unit worked with WD up to about August and I keep up to date with WD.

OK.
Now this is what’s going on. WD will communicate with the VP, it will log data as it happens. The program appears to be doing what is supposed to do.

Now IF, I shut down for a HD defrag or something else, like I need the whole computer doing something other than something else. and I then restart WD, it should eventually catch up any missing data from the logger.

But it doesn’t . IF I go to the action tab and extract from the dowload.txt then I get jumbled data, some with zeros for data and date inserted anywhere it pleases in the data log files.

I then had the idea to use my lap top. It has never had WD on it. a new toy. SO I hooked up the serial port to the VP, had the latest version of WD loaded and installed, made the settings it needed , rebooted and the same situation happened on it as did on the version Ihave been using.

My guess is that something happened about the time the universal weatherstation came on board as an option. Brian, I believe looked into this and didn’t find anything.

Next I turned off the options of the extra sensors as maybe the program was waiting for data and that was the problem, no dice here either.

Since the VP udpate in March and the advent of 5.4 WL software, nothing else has gone on with my end

Does Weatherlink pick up the data OK?

but now a new wrinkle, some how the whole dang program - weatherlink is corrupt, so I am spending my day off looking through my backup drive for copies tht work. I think my ten year data base is poopy. Ah the fun and thrill of reconstruction.