Ftp

Latest ver.WD ftp operating but data not being received by APRS and wunderground,I have a DSL direct conn.,was working fine untill the latest ver. what’s going on?
Emilio

FTP only works manually for some reason,it’s not working on it’s own?
Emilio

Latest ver.WD ftp operating but data not being received by APRS and wunderground,I have a DSL direct conn.,was working fine untill the latest ver. what's going on? Emilio
It is working for me. WD v9.84d 2003/07/15 - 07:13 hrs What is your operating system?
When reporting bugs, please try to provide all the info that you think is relevant. You should always provide the following information as a minimum to help Brian to track down the source of your problem:
  • Version of WD that you’re currently running
  • Type of weather station, including any installed extra sensors
  • PC operating system
  • PC spec (CPU speed, RAM, etc)
  • Anything unusual about your station configuration, e.g. WD is running on a USB serial port

I have a wm-918,win.98
everything working fine upgraded to 9.84d and the ftp says it’s sending info but, not so go to aprs page and the info is not there.
i manually uploaded and it started working OK
woke this morning and no data being uploaded for the last ten hours!
this includes aprs,weatherunderground,anything weather,weather for you.
Came time to upload at 0730 and ftp did not activate to upload info.
I haven’t changed anything accept loading the latest ver.

:x

Emilio,
Just an idea but check the Master Internet Switch on the Connnections drop down. It must be on. If it is, then walk through the setup to see if anything changed on you.
Jim

Hey thanks Jim but i’ve been through that with no results.
it could have been happening on erlier ver. but never noticed a problem with aprs,i check frequently but not so much the other pages.
I replaced the ftp program with a earlier ver. that may be the same as now don’t know property’s says 273kb,from July 5th,
aprs working right now, not uploading with the other pages and have not run long enough to see if i’ll stop ftp to aprs as well.
When manually upload with the test button it does upload correctly.
This morning ftp was not doing anything but once manually upload it kick starts it and continues to work as best as i described but at least it’s active.
Looks like during the night it stoped working all together,until i kicked started it this morning.

Do you have a firewall? If so, have you tried turning the firewall off. With the firewall off does the FTP still fail?

check that you have ticked use weather display ftpupd.exe

if you dont, then tick still use for all other