Error: Access violation at address

Error: Access violation at address
0057F54E in module “WeatherD.exe” Read of
address 00000000 at time 10:45:56 PM
1/13/2003

lost power and this is all I now get. also it is strobing for data but Data quality is red…Data received is green… I set the station type and it will not retain it… model WM-918

any ideas… I tried reloading the files but still same…

Hi
It sounds like it is trying to access a directory or drive or web cam or similar that is not setup the way it was

Try backing up and deleting the setup files

wdisplay.ini
from c:\windows or c:\winnt
and
wdisplayftp.ini
from the registry

and or as a test
install to a new directory
and in that directory, create a text file called 2wd.txt
and then it will start up as a complete new install
and you can copy over the data files and log files, but do that after

Don’t get too discouraged, mine did the same thing a long time ago. It ended up being the webcam. WD doesn’t really like to have the “big sleep” pulled on it. Especially when it is the middle of writing a file or updating. I went to Office Max while they had APC UPS’s on sale and got one for the WD machine.

:lol: Thanks for the solution !!! 2nd time you have gotten me out of a jam… I have almost 3 years of info and am scard of loosing it !! great program just love it…!

john :lol:

hi
ok
but there is important weather data info in wdisplay.ini

try bringing back to life the old wdisplay.ini (if you back ed it up)
by renaming to wdisplay2.ini (and delete wdisplay2.ini)

my station doesnt like the plug pulled at all… I have the computer on a ups but didn’t put the wx station on one… they both are on one now… I wish I had a linux version of this software… the wx station is the only windows machine I have :evil:

But I am not complaining !!! this program is great !!

John

http://John-Gee.com

Thx Brian, did that and didn’t loose a thing… just 1 day, and I can live with that !!

john

Hi It sounds like it is trying to access a directory or drive or web cam or similar that is not setup the way it was

Try backing up and deleting the setup files

wdisplay.ini
from c:\windows or c:\winnt
and
wdisplayftp.ini
from the registry

and or as a test
install to a new directory
and in that directory, create a text file called 2wd.txt
and then it will start up as a complete new install
and you can copy over the data files and log files, but do that after

Hmm, I gotta try this when I get home tonight! Sounds like this is needed in addition to a new install in order to get a “complete” fresh start… Could be something corrupted in my WD ini files??? Maybe this is why even a reinstall of the latest version of WD doesn’t fix my problem where it won’t run too long without a hang (which seems to occur at a ftp upload to a web site time)?..

This topic just caught my eye because I did get an Access violation this morning when I selected APRS Setup, after installing in desparation the v8.23 APRS Lite :
Access violation at address 0046E972 in module “WeatherD.exe” Read of
address 000001F4
I closed this dialog box and the APRS setup stuff came up as though nothing happened. I set up for uploading data to APRS every 5 minutes and clicked OK. It’s been running so far OK, almost 3 hours…

hi ted
yes, try this method
a re install does not replace any data or settings that may be upset