ERROR: Access violation at address 75ECEFFB in module 'KERNELBASE.dll'. Read of address 00333000 at time/date 18:15 29/11/23

Hi All,

Looking in the program event log and seeing this error every minute ( updates are minutely)

ERROR: Access violation at address 75ECEFFB in module ‘KERNELBASE.dll’. Read of address 00333000 at time/date 18:15 29/11/23

Can any one shed light?

VN10.37R Build 81 davis VP2 station with gill windsonic Windows 7.

Thanks
Peter

Hi Peter and welcome to the forum.

My first thought is that you’re using a pretty old version of WD. It’s now up to 10.37S Build 150. Perhaps the version you’re running has an incompatibility with the operating system that’s been resolved in later versions? Are you able to update to the most recent version?

Edit: Oops…just noticed you’re on Win7 which limits your choice of versions.

Not sure that’s true. I run W7 as well and as yet not had an issue with any release, although I’ve not (yet) tried 150.

Stuart

Maybe I’m thinking of Windows XP rather than Win7.

Or even windows 98
:rofl:

Off Topic: When I was clearing out my cupboards at work before I retired, I found a copy of Windows/386 aka Windows 2. I wonder if WD would run on that?

When you last looked (PM) Brian’s latest compiler supports W7SP1+ and W98 but not XP.

WD 10.37R Build 81 was optimised for XP.

So I guess WD does what it says on the tin: “Weather Display is compatible with Windows NT/98/2000/ME/XP/VISTA,Windows 7/8,10,11 /OSX/Linux/Raspberry Pi.”

Both topics I found in Search (always the first place to look) suggest re-installing WD – maybe a recent version? One from 2011 ftp problem failures on Windows Server 2008 also seems to suggest a problem with uploading every minute; and the other refers to Win11 Weatherdisplay not working in Windows 11 - #6 by vk2ts :astonished:

You could try e-mailing Brian (@windy2) to see if he has any further comments.

Hi

I thought i updated it the other day, hmm file was downloaded must have missed the install bit. Now on latest version but the application is still showing 10.37R 81 for some reason when it starts it is showing 10.37S 150

ERROR: ‘‘1 3’’ is not a valid integer value at time/date 06:46 30/11/23
ERROR: Access violation at address 0040726D in module ‘WeatherD.exe’. Read of address FFFFFFF8 at time/date 06:47 30/11/23
ERROR: Access violation at address 0040726D in module ‘WeatherD.exe’. Read of address FFFFFFF8 at time/date 06:48 30/11/23
ERROR: Access violation at address 0040726D in module ‘WeatherD.exe’. Read of address FFFFFFF8 at time/date 06:49 30/11/23

Yes I will email Brian in a bit, wanted to see if any one had the same happening first. Search wise I discounted the other ones as they were over 10 years ago and very unlikley to be the same.

Peter

Rebooted the machine and now the app is showing 10.37S150.

Without errors?

Unlikely anyone else using that WD/Win7 combo :slightly_smiling_face:

How old was your combo? :wink:

Latest was for Win 11. . .

The update a few days ago had gone in, but it appears WD needed a restart of windows to sort its self out. No errors now.

Windows 7 machine is shortly to be replaced, in the mean time need to keep it working. Thanks all for the help. The win 7 machine is 9 years old and has been very reliable.

Hi All,
Had the same problem after a series of blue screen crashes (Win10 Pro). Did various suggested disk error and RAM checks but found nothing. During this I WD would not boot with massages of Error Access Violation which I could not solve, but was thinking of data corruption whilst WD doing something when power failed/W10 crashed.
Kept coming back to RAM so opened up desktop to find it thick with dust everywhere. After gentle vacuuming/compressed air and Wife’s makeup brush, and removing/resetting RAM memory chips it all worked fine, AND the CPU ran 15 degrees cooler. After that WD loaded no problem and no more W10 crashes…the crash must have corrupted WD files which I then over-wrote with an update (after saving all the important files) and it worked fine. BUT one problem is it lost the registration and keeps saying I am on a trail version only and please pay again! Have not cured this one yet, perhaps missed an important file somewhere but have 12 years of data backup so it must be in there somewhere? Still looking.

Suggest you email Brian