Environment Canada made small change on Weather

It looks like Environment Canada made a small change to their website. When I look up a community that has an automatic weather station, the Environment Canada forecast script does not show any weather observed at all. Even on the Saratoga-Weather script page, the example shows nothing observed for Badger, NL.

Hmmm… my EC forecast seems to be working fine. Do you mean the ec-radar ?

If the latter, there was an update to ec-radar.php V2.01 - 30-Nov-2015 to fix problems created by an EC website change for the radar pages.

If you go to your script page for environment Canada in the evening and look up Badger,NL on your example script, it shows the forecast, but not the temp, wind etc…

I live in Nunavut and lots of communities use automatic weather stations in the night time. I used to be able see all the temp, wind etc… But for the last couple of weeks they have not been showing up in the night time.

Thanks for the reply

Ahhh… got it. The conditions aren’t reliably displayed.

Thanks for spotting it. The EC website structure changed a bit.

ec-forecast.php V3.03 is now available to fix the issue.

Standalone: download from the script page
Template users: use the update tool with query for Base-Canada, Plugin-*, 01-Dec-2015

Best regards,
Ken

Thank you so much for the fix.

Working perfectly :smiley:

The ec-forecast.php now has a V3.04 update to handle the chunked+gzipped response from Environment Canada website. They previously only used a gzipped response but decided the compressed output needed chunking too. Go figure…

Standalone users: download from the script page
Saratoga template users: use the update tool page with a query of Base-Canada, Plugin-*, 14-Dec-2015

Best regards,
Ken

Thanks Ken.

Works perfect :smiley:

Just experienced same EC issues; the update worked perfectly.

Thanks, Ken

Time for an update to V3.05 of ec-forecast.php – the EC changed the verbiage about temperature forecasts, so the update is needed to display the temps…

Standalone users: download from the script page
Saratoga template users: use the update tool page with a query of Base-Canada, Plugin-*, 16-Dec-2015

Best regards,
Ken