Emergency Outage - 20:00 (BST) 25th June

I need to urgently take most of my web sites and domains down to carry out some emergency work. If i do this now it should preclude a longer outage later on!

The forum may stay online, although I’m not 100% sure because it may require access to something I’m going to be working on.

I’ll post here when things are back to normal.

I’m re-starting services one by one. Most are coming up correctly but I’ll need to work on a few to fix problems.

I think I’ve reached the point where enough is working that most people won’t see anything missing. I do still have some things to resolve, but it’s also getting late here now so I’ll continue trying to fix more until I feel I’m more dangerous awake than asleep!

The underlying issue has been resolved (for now) but I still need to find a long-term solution to the problem - basically there was about 100GB of orphaned files on the replicated disk and that was causing everything to get creaky. I’ve cleared them all away and have gone from the storage being about 98% to 25% full. It’s possible that with more space available the system will be more able to deal with tidying them away itself.

2 Likes