ELV WS2000 Vers 1.x dosnt works :(

Hello Forum,

ich have an old ELV WS2000 Vers 1.x Interface und Your Weatherdisplay Ver. 9.78d.

The Software works not with the Interface :(.
Is the any possibility to work with Weatherdisplay and this Interface?
For example change the stationtyp in WD or use an older Version?

Thankyou very much!!!
Cu
Cyra:)

Hi
I think it should work
check list:
Correct com port selected
weather station selected as WS2000
Client switch OFF, under setup, ftp/internet setup
then go to view, ws2000/la crosse data report
then every 3 minutes it should get new data
try clicking on status report, and let me know what appears there

Hello Windy,

yes, the com-port ist selected correct, the stationtyp is ws2000, ftp is disabled and this is the report from weatherdisplay:

And the batteries are new!

The weatherstation works correct, here is the proof, sorry for the other Programm ;););).

But i want to use Your program!!!
Thankyou
Cu
Cyra:)

i had to put a www in your url for the images to show up correct

now, first thing, you need to correctly set the outdoor temperature sensor to use…you have it as 6…maybe it should bet set as 1?
the other problem is that the time is obvoiusly wrong…and the status report is not good…
now, that could be becuase you have an older data logger type, and the data protocol is different…and in that case i would have to work with you on this
what is the rev number of the data logger?

Hello Brian,

thankyou for Your answer.
I dont now what Rev. my station is :(.
The only i now, it is a ws2000pc ver 1.0!

Here is a picture from it:

Is there any posibility to becom it work?

Thankyou
Cu
Cyra

Hi
I will get someone with more experience to help you
also, when you put in the link to the URL for your images, pleae include the www
i.e
http://www.domfree.de/cyra/2.jpg

thanks

I think it is possible to get wd to work with it…
Did you try setting the outdoor temperature sensor number to use to 1?
Also, does the heavy weather or PC weather station or Werners program work with your weather station?

the other thing to try is:
remove the batteries on the data logger, then reinsert
then dont run aby software that will acess the data logger for around 15 minutes

Hi Brian!

My Version of the ELV data logger is 2.24; so you may check the version with some other software… if it is ver 1.0 it

Hello

It is a WS2000PC Interface and why it not work with WS2000 Sensorseries? It works great!
Sorry, i think when Brian say he will or can not implement the old code, that is ok! But when an other user say, Brian you are not insert this old code, I think this is not ok, sorry! :frowning:

Dear Brian,

yes the interface works with Werners PC-Wetterstation and with this:

http://www.domfree.de/cyra/Zip.zip

from ELV.
This is the latest Version from ELV works with this Interface.

I have tried the other things you write but the wd will not work with my interface.

Thankyou for your help and sorry for the www ;).

best regards
Cyra:(

Cyra, only for explanation: I was implemented by the developing of the interface 2.x programing by supporting Brian with hardware and beta testing 8) . So my assumption ver 1.0 is not implemented can be confirmed by Brian, but sorry, the fact that the ver 1 does not work correctly is the implementation of my assumption 8O . sorry…

Es ist ok, aber ich denke das Recht so etwas zu schreiben, liegt beim Entwickler der Software selbst und nicht bei Supportern u.

[quote=“Cyra”]Es ist ok, aber ich denke das Recht so etwas zu schreiben, liegt beim Entwickler der Software selbst und nicht bei Supportern u.

Hi Crya

Do you have any documentation on the data protocol
Yes, I can get a special version of WD to you that will log the raw data, and then we can work together and getting it supported.
It might take a few days and testing!
If you want to, we will do this.
And then hopefully more people can then use this compatibility

also, its interesting that the NEW WS2500PC type data logger has the interface as 1.0 , and then revised to 1.1

i.e the numbering system is crazy

the data protocol for the WS2500PC is very similar to the WS2000 but different enough to not work

SO

you could try setting the weather station type as a WS2500PC
but i dont think that will work still

Hi
use this version:
http://www.weather-display.com/download/weatherd.zip

and unzip to where you have weather display installed

it logs the raw data in the WS2000 setup and data window
And email me that data that appears there when you click on get time (and what the current time/date should be), and when you click on status report (and which sensors you actualy have)
I am sure the difference in the data protocol will only be small .
And if you could do the same please stefan, so i have a direct comparison (and then we can also work on the CRC error checking too)
thanks!
(but unfortuntely I have to go to a wedding tomorrow, and we are gone for 4 days , as it is a long drive (we need to take a caravan even))
but i will see what I can do before i go…

Hi
use this version:
http://www.weather-display.com/download/weatherd.zip

and unzip to where you have weather display installed

it logs the raw data in the WS2000 setup and data window
And email me that data that appears there when you click on get time (and what the current time/date should be), and when you click on status report (and which sensors you actualy have)
I am sure the difference in the data protocol will only be small .
And if you could do the same please stefan, so i have a direct comparison (and then we can also work on the CRC error checking too)
thanks!
(but unfortuntely I have to go to a wedding tomorrow, and we are gone for 4 days , as it is a long drive (we need to take a caravan even))
but i will see what I can do before i go…

…Brian, do my best to give you some RAW data today or tomorrow morning… latest version works stable without probloem, though

Cheers

Stefan