Data Back-up facility

Recently I witnessed a major problem with my PC. We had a severe thunderstorm and one close lightning strike blew my computer out wrecking the modem and motherboard.

It is at times like this that it would be great that in WD there was an option to press a button so that all your precious historical data and setups are dumped onto floppy.

With me, luckily the hard disk was OK (although I was without recordings for 1 week) but I could have lost the lot. A case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

How does everyone get over this problem, or do you all hope and pray it doesn’t happen to them!

Know what you’re saying there, that lightning can be a puter wrecker for sure.
I use a program called Zip Backup to CD where I can select or schedule key directories/files to be backed up into a Zip file, then take that file and send it to my backup CD using Nero CD burning software. I do this once a week or if I know of a major t’storm heading this way; religiously as your data is very important and some of it cannot be recovered, ever :!:

Peace of Mind is a nice feeling just knowing the grief I would have to go through if I didn’t discipline myself to do this and any automated feature helps.

If you are FTP’ing your weather to a website, you might think about sending the data files there too.

I’ll have to agree with Andy, and a simple command to back up, export, all Weather Display data onto a floppy would be a great idea.

Maybe Brian could also include an import option for Weather Display so it could import it’s own backup files.

Thanks
tb

It is at times like this that it would be great that in WD there was an option to press a button so that all your precious historical data and setups are dumped onto floppy.