Custom Screen Creation

That’s okay, don’t worry about it…It’s me not you! :roll:

Anyways, when I uploaded the custom screen using FileZilla and put it under “/web/images” (refer to the screenshot below).

Under “Remote Directory”, I put: /web/

Thanks.

–Tim

Ok - now tell me what you show in Control Panel > FTP > Connections Tab
I am looking for the directory like in my screen shot in my last post.

Forget it - I found it myself 8) 8)

http://www.newtownweather.com/customscreen5.gif

Snowman,

Thanks.

–Tim

THANK YOU SIR! :smiley: :smiley: 8O

Now I must resize it! :lol: #-o

Thanks for the help!

–Tim

OK - got it!

Now, about the resize, take a look at this thread…

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/16036

The size of your current one is in the screen shot.

ScreenShot019.jpg

WOAH! Why is my custom screen now a picture of the moon phases!?!?!?!? :lol: #-o :roll: :x

–Tim

HUH?
Looks the same as before to me…

Well right after the usual 5 minute update (ie. 1:05, 1:10, etc.), instead of that custom screen image showing up in my profile, the moon phases showed up…

Anyways, how am I going to go about resizing the whole thing? Am I going to actually resize the image using Microsoft Picture Manager (or something similar) and then save it? Then where do I go from there?

Thanks.

–Tim

No, you will have to do your sizing in the custom screen setup in WD.

You kind of might have to start from scratch I think - if you resize your background image, your text/tags will be too big.

So, first resize your background image. If you don’t have a photo editor, let me know - I can resize it for you. You will need to know what size you want it to be.
After you have your background image the size you want, then you will have to add your tags again.

Thinking out loud here…
Pull up your completed custom screen in WD, then hold down your “CTRL” button, and drag from the bottom right corner of the image - should resize it that way. Then remember to resize your canvas also.

Try that “ctrl” resize first, and let me know how you make out.

Oops…

I think I just did something I shouldn’t have done. #-o :frowning:

–Tim

Tim,

I have found that working on Custom Screens is usually easier when resized like you have that one…

I open the Custom Screen, size it larger, work on it, then resize it down…

If yours won’t resize then look in the right click for “Show scroll bars” enable that, resize then disable

-Bob

Is the new size I just made any better or should I make it even smaller?

Thanks.

–Tim

Tim,

If you are referring to http://www.newtownweather.com/customscreen5.gif that looks about perfect to me as far as size matching the image…

However in light of a recent forum post maybe you want to consider making a less tall one just for your Forums sig? :slight_smile:

-Bob

Yes I saw that topic. :wink:

How about something more like this (see screen shot below) - size wise.

Thanks.

–Tim

summaryimage.gif

The one you have now looks great - and only 17k

Tim,

That looks great for your sig banner… How about adding your WD Version that way everytime you post we can see what version and if the post is a problem with WD… :wink:

-Bob

I have added a few more things onto the custom screen, including Rain Rate, WD Version, and Current Conditions.

Do you guys think it looks too cluttered?

Thanks.

–Tim

10.31k #-o Oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

LOL

-Bob

What’s wrong with 10.31k? I haven’t had any problems with it and it hasn’t crashed on me - yet! :lol:

–Tim

Edit: Take a look at my signature after one of the 5 minute updates.