Current Syk block offline release 2012_lts **Solved**

If the Current Sky block shows offline, check the “Airport” popup.

The times from the metar (in UTC) is the correct time to check
Maybe the calculation of your local time is not correct.
Then install the attached update script.

Wim

P.S.
Metar use the UTC or Z timezone.
In the past the human readable date-time item was “observed”:“2021-05-25T11:50Z”
But since a few days the Z has disappeared from the downloaded checkwx json file. It now reads: “observed”:“2023-02-13T09:20”
The PHP strtotime function will use the local timezone to calculate the time when there is no Z or UTC in the string…
Stations in a timezone east of “Greenwich” will have x hours "older’ data.
West of “Greenwich” will not detect stalled data and display a “future time” in the block heading.

We will have to wait and see if chckwx will add the Z again.

metar_load_funct.php.zip (4.19 KB)

1 Like

That fixed it :smiley:
Thank you very much.
Mogens

Working again :smiley:

Thank you.

Opposite for me…installed the new script and my Current Sky block shows offline…

New script shows Time: 02-13-2023 08:51 EST (but is off by 1 hour - UTC Offset: UTC -5) Actual local time is 09:51 EST

Hi,
A new problem, fun for me.

Can you post the link to that site?
Lakewood NY Home Weather Station (wd version) shows 01:53 pm not an am time.
Which is also strange to say the least.

A few minutes later it shows 9:48 but that comes from ccn_darksky_block.php and no airport pop-up

Wim

Hi Wim,

Tried to run updates. Downloaded, unzipped, and ftp’d all of them to njweathercat.com/pwsWD. Received prompts from my hosting site confirming overwrite of the older files. Now I’m getting a “404” when I launch pwsWD. Dumped local browser cache. Same error.

Any guidance is appreciated.

https://www.njweathercat.com/pwsWD

thanks,
Phil

updates.jpg

See attached screenshot, no error messages just a question to open PWS_easyweathersetup.php
and hit the save-button.
Probably there is a conflict with a Darksky setting.

Wim

Thanks Wim!!

Working well except for the Current Sky error which you’re aware of…thanks

I have nop idea what you refer to with “the Current Sky error which you’re aware of
The error-message should not occur at your website as you are not be using darksky.
I can not test all combinations of all forecasts/current conditions a.s.o.
Nor can i check your settings without a password.

AFAICS you added an (invalid / old) API-key for DarkSky. ==> should be replaced
You also set DarkSky & alternatives to nu. ==> OK

Please replace the darksky API-key with ADD YOUR API KEY
That should solve the problem in the sky-block.

If you think there is an error in the scripts sent me a PM with your easyweather password, I will take a look.

Wim

P.S. All passwords for ftp or easyweather are removed from my computer after 24 hours.

Wim,
Working fine now. Thanks for your help!

Phil

Something strange in max/min values in history, too: October and December 2023?

That occurs when there has been no end-of-year roll-over, these are values from 2022 displayed in this year.
The history has to be updated by using the PWS_hist_update.php

Wim,
Current Sky block shows “offline”. The reference to the Dark Sky API has been removed(by you). Checked metar api which appears to be correct. The airport drop down info appears correct too i.e. time, temp.

I will send you a pm with credentials.

thanks much.

Phil

current_sky_offline.jpg

It was OK yesterday, so it can also be a stalled file, or a problem at the checkwx.com website.

I loaded your website at 07:00 UTC
There was old data in some blocks.
I used the debug-console . . /PWS_module_test.php button “load files” and a few files were reloaded.
The “Current Sky” block is now OK.
You can check the used file with the debug-console or directly . . . rcat.com/pwsWD/PWS_listfile.php?file=jsondata/metar34KPHL.txt&type=json
observed] => 2023-02-14T06:54:00
[raw_text] => KPHL 140654Z 31011KT 10SM CLR 09/M06 A2983 RMK AO2 PK WND 32026/0603 SLP102 T00891061

Maybe the Meteobridge (cron-job) is not set to run 24/7 ?
Or the modem was off-line for a short period ?
Or checkwx.com was having another problem?
Let us wait and see if the problem reoccurs later today?
If so you can do some checks yourself.

=== error removed
There were also error messages about a typing-error in the user language file.
I removed the typing error and set your language to en-us

=== to do
The weather-warnings are generated by the original set of scripts maintained by saratoga-weather.
You have to adept those scripts yourself with these instructions => . . . hercat.com/pwsWD/nws-alerts/NWS-alerts_read_me.html

Succes,
Wim

Sorry, switched to using DarkSky. I have re-enabled the metar code so you can see the 1-hour difference I mentioned.

Attempting to run https://travelingrvwx.com/pwsWD/PWS_hist_update.php gives a “Sorry - not possible” response. I don’t remember having to do this end-of-year script before so I am probably not doing it correctly.

Dan

When I checked all seemed OK.

It is a regional airport, so maybe they are not sending a METAR every hour during off-peak hours.
If so we can allow 2 hours age.

Otherwise could you test with an international airport?

Regards,
Wim

To update the history a password is needed.
. . . ingrvwx.com/pwsWD/PWS_hist_update.php?pw=your-easyweather-password

===
There is no end-of-year script.
The end-of-year housekeeping is done by the cron-job.
Sadly if that fails in the night “Dec 31 23:00 ->Jan 1 02:00” you have to do it manually and for that you use PWS_hist_update.php

Success,
Wim

Time shown in the METAR popup is the local time of the METAR, not current local time.

I believe you might be right.

Otherwise could you test with an international airport?

Done.

True.

Yesterday the template was running fine.
Today I downloaded and installed the latest scripts and get an error message
“Darksky script failure”
even if I select METAR in easyweathersetup.

Mogens

Screenshot.png