Crash of WD-linux

I have made a couple of changes that should help
download a new update:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherDlinuz.gz

Oh YES , I might not do anything but it migth help us as well :slight_smile:
Please put the core dump onto your web and send me the link.

Thanks a lot, something is finaly positive today Thanks the Lord.
yves

I’ve sent Yves the specifics for that coredump, and while I was doing that, I started up this update you posted… I see the data recieved LED is flashing when its supposed to, but the data quality LED is red, and no data is being displayed on the screen. I’ve restarted WD twice to confirm this same behaviour.

I will drop back to the last version for the moment.

ah,ok, a change for the worse
download again, will be working again

Ok, that starts up good, and it looks like the outbound net data went right away as well.

Yves, try that link again, I forgot to make sure the world could read that core dump file.

Sorry,I can read the file and Firefox read it indeed, migth be better if I could download it instead.
Tried ftp instead of http but it seems there is no ftp server.

My ADSL package doesn’t allow for standard services like ftp… try http://zepplin.dyndns.org:8080 there will be a link just for you, right click on it, and save to disk.

Brian: If I didn’t tell you eariler, the last release starts the outbound internet data right off the bat, don’t know if you addressed that, but will keep an eye out for any problems with it.

what i will do next is put a try exception wrap around the serial read function
i have made a small change, download from link above, not sure if it will help much

Ok, have this running… what should I look for it something goes haywire?

view, program error log :wink:

Its been empty the last time I’ve look for clues after crashes. There is a few entries pertaining to aprs data send and dowunderground in the programerrorlog.txt if I look at it manually.

Are these 2 items the same thing? I’ll attach that file for your viewing.

programerrorlog.txt (4.05 KB)

Have you set the cwop to the new servers and ports.
Coyote

Hello Name is Lee

I am running Ubuntu 4.07 and Wdisplay 5.5x for linux (Reg)

I run a Davis II Weather station

I have 2.5 gig computer with 1 gig of memory

Wdisplay seem to crash like above, with this error:

Exception EInOutError in Module WeatherD at 0834F4AD
I/O 103
./GoWeather.sh: line 20: 12417 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./weatherD

I do have the CW and Ftp working… Just that it crashes after maybe 2-3 hours. It uploads ok to the internet

I notice the Memory leak has been fixed…

I will keep monitoring this thread and see if I can be of any help

my e-mail is: [email protected]

do you have by any chance the core file generated? Its name start with : core.xxxxx where xxxxx is the process number.
If you do, please find a way to make it available to me, I’ll not fix the problem but I still want to have a look at it.

Thanks.
Yves

hum, thats a different error, a file error
maybe i have left in some debug file for the davis wmii
are you running the latest update wboblv?
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherDlinux.gz
(unzip and then rename to WeatherD)
also, Yves suggests i turn on compiler debug symbols, to help, so i will try that

On the Davis VP I getting unknown data .07 rain
Coyote

where are you getting that exactly?

I getting it in the rain last hour box its always .07in I turned the data logger off for now.
Coyote

Yup, done that since day one. I have more reliability to CWOP than I do Wunderground. Another individual running the competitions software is showing the same results with Wunderground as well, so thinking its more of a Wunderground problem than Weather-Display.

I found the Core File in my Wdisplay Directory. it is 57.megs in size so it may have been collecting and appending the dumps??

Windy to anwser your question… The last ver I am running now is 5.5x. Is that the current one? I download the last from a URL you had in one of you messages.

Let me know If should Delethe core File, Move it and see if another starts (Smaller) >>

Lee