This is more a statement of fact rather than a question. I have been doing a fair amount of log/inf file conversions trying to clean up old data files that I really had not looked at. :oops: The point is on my Athlon 64 Dual Core 4400 with 2 gig of Mem & SATA hard drives, it was taking 4+ minutes to go from an INF data file to a log file and used 100% of 1 CPU. I tried experimenting, and when I disabled McAfee virus scan, the same conversion took 10-12 seconds. I turned it back on, did the same conversion - 4.5 minutes. If you are experiencing delays, try disabling your virus scanner while doing conversions.