Carterlake Plugin Page - Printable Weather Flyer

Question;

The forecast discussion paragraph (nice feature) is printing subsequent lines with no initial capitilization; Can this be changed? Also can "this discussion continues at www.642weather.com " be made an href in the $reports from section? I can’t figure out a proper syntax.

Thanks,

Jack

I was not able to make the url a href because it will not print well. The css has a feature to show full url’s when printing and it just looks bad if you add the href.

Version: 1.01 - 07-Feb-2009 added feature to uppercase first word of every sentance on the forecast discussion text

That worked, thanks Mike!

I just updated the zip because I added this quick fix:
fixed missing echo for $yrecordlowtempmonth and $yrecordhightempmonth

Cool. I see this growing into a new on=going project for you Mike. But it can only get better!

I am unable to get the following command to work

<b><?php $reports_from; ?></b>

Here is how I have it set.

// 'Reports from [station name] at [neighborhood]';
$reports_from = 'Reports from Chucks Weather Station at N Kendrick Ave., near Clay St.';

Any help would be great. Forgot to throw in the link.

http://www.chucksweather.com/wxflyer.php

Chuck

You’ll need to print or echo a PHP variable to get it to appear on the HTML page…

Use

<b><?php print $reports_from; ?></b>

and it should work fine :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Ken

That did the trick. I should have noticed that. It was like that when I downloaded it without the echo variable. Maybe Mike needs to be aware if the fix. :wink:

Chuck

Chuck I put the fix in the current download. :slight_smile:

Is there a similar script for Europe users?
I’ve installed the script but the results is: http://www.meteocarmignano.it/wxflyer.php
Thanks,

Alessandro

I get this when I use the script. http://www.burgus.org/wxflier.php

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/26/d195194739/htdocs/Burgus/wxflyer.php:6) in /homepages/26/d195194739/htdocs/Burgus/include-style-switcher.php on line 29

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /homepages/26/d195194739/htdocs/Burgus/wxflyer.php:6) in /homepages/26/d195194739/htdocs/Burgus/include-style-switcher.php on line 29

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/26/d195194739/htdocs/Burgus/wxflyer.php:6) in /homepages/26/d195194739/htdocs/Burgus/include-style-switcher.php on line 359

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/26/d195194739/htdocs/Burgus/wxflyer.php:6) in /homepages/26/d195194739/htdocs/Burgus/include-style-switcher.php on line 359

Any ideas?

Mark

Mark, this will fix it. I made a change in the first 18 lines. (Settings.php include had to be first)

Version: 1.02 - 08-Feb-2009

• fixed header already sent error when selecting a style
  • fixed missing echo for $reports_from

Mike,

Are you going to make available as a download version 1.02?

Sorry, here it is:
www.642weather.com/weather/scripts/wxflyer.zip

Thanks Mike. Now to see if I can integrate that to my site and translate to French like I did for the image captcha you made available.

Hi Mike,

After a quick look at it, EC has the French text for the forecast in text format so I think I will be able to do something with it.

Thanks,

Is this what you normaly get with the weather discussion :slight_smile:

08z msas sfc analysis places high pressure over the oh vly. Warm front extends near the i-70 corridor across mo with 20+ degree temp gradient across the frontal zone. Strong southerly 40-50 kt winds in h925-h85 layer drawing gulf moisture rapidly north with sfc dewpts in the 50s as far north as central ks through southern mo with 60s from ok and tx into la. Water vapor shows vigorous negative tilt shortwave ejecting from the great basin through the rockies. Zone of strong upper diffluence and positive vorticity advection in combination with dry slot impinging on gulf moisture fueling fine line of convection from south central ks through central tx. Addition elevated bands of convection were forming out ahead from plains into upper midwest ... This discussion continues at www.burgus.org

Mark

Is this what you normaly get with the weather discussion

Hey Mark, yes that looks about right. There is a forecast discussion script that you can setup as a separate page. Look on my front page, then click on “the discussion is continued here” towards the bottom of my page.

Regards,

Jack

I can just see the local little old ladies seeing this and wounder what language it was :slight_smile:

Is that one of the available scripts that you used to create that discussion page. Look great.

Mark

Is that one of the available scripts that you used to create that discussion page. Look great.

It sure is…Saratoga-Weather.org - Scripts - NWS, just another one of Ken’s great scripts!!

Regards,

Jack