BUGS,BUGS,BUGS...look in here and find them!

decrease the lower threshold on the real time graph, so that that low value gets plotted OK
what weather station type?

Brian,

THIS IS A DUPLICAATION FROM ANOTHER THREAD TO KEEP BUGS TOGETHER UNTIL THE EXTERMINATOR DOES HIS WORK!!!

I have also noticed that my values reset like the midnight reset option on the first program close and restart of the day. It does not necessarily have to be to update to another version of WD, but for any reason. The second exit / restart seems to be normal. This is with W2K and not as previoulsy noted with just Win98SE.

The following are not important issues, but a couple may lead you to a answer for the program not saving data on using the Menu: ‘Exit / Save and Exit’ option.

Summary Image Settings Not Saving

Menu: ‘Setup / Summary image/Icon setup’

Section: Icon update by downloaded metar setup

I have the option selected to ‘Include extra weather conditions from downloaded meter’ selected but want the icon to be updated by my weather station as my local conditions can vary from my nearest metar station due to the maritime environment I live in. I can select the option ’ but leave the icon to be updated by your stations weather’ and the exit the screen using the ‘OK’ button. but the option selection is not saved. When looking at the setting again the selection box is now not ticked.

Also. I have the selection box ticked for ‘Your stations rain/wind/fog overrides the metar’. unfortunately, this is having no effect. The metar settings are used regardless.

Program Colour Settings

Menu: ‘Setup / General and colour/Misc/tide. setup / Setup program colours’

I have got around to changing the program colour setting now my other operational problems have beem resolved (Thank you). And I am having problems with a couple of parameters. The option selected is not saved or is giving an unusual effect.

I changed the colour of the ‘data box’ and ‘rain tank’ but didn’t like what I selected and tried to change them back.

The option for the colour selection of the ‘data box colour’ works until the next screen refresh during the ftp routine. The colour then reverts to the selection I first made but didn’t like. even though when checking the colour selected last is still shown as selected by the colour showing the dotted outline in the selection window.

The rain tank has a different effect. When the program starts, after an update or other maintenance I do. the rain tank show FULL until the first screen refresh during the ftp routine. Then it shows empty. before trying to change the colour options the tank showed empty from the program start.

Wind Gauge (Strange effect) LOL

I have a mouse with a scroll wheel. I have noticed that when the mouse pointer is within the WD screen window, when scrolling the wheel one way the wind gauge direction pointer moves one way and when scrolling the wheel the other it reverses. LOL… This is a strange effect and is more of a glitch than a bug. If the direction is moved to an incorrect setting WD corrects it at the next data update. When the mouse pointer is off the WD program window, the scroll wheel has no effect.

As I first mentioned, these items are not issues for me, just minor inconveniences or have interesting. WD is working well, but they may help lead to a sloution for other issues.

Thanks, Bob

decrease the lower threshold on the real time graph, so that that low value gets plotted OK what weather station type?

Okay, sorry, I really have looked, but I can’t seem to find where to set the threshold you’re talking about…

Weather station is a WMR-968.

Note to Bob: sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

mmcgown, I think it’s min temp setting (bottom right, maximize window to see)

Thanks, Kevin.

I had found that possibility, but since it was already set for minus 20 degrees F, I couldn’t see how that would prevent spikes such as the one that went down to minus 24 F. Still, I’ve changed it to zero, as it’s not likely to get that cold here for quite a while.

Brian

Forgot to add an item in my last posting.

Even though selected in menu ‘Graph Set Up / Graph windspeed lines to plot / Graph all 3 (Gust, average and low)’ WD is only plotting Gust (Red) Average (Blue) but not the low (Green?).

Bob

Brian,

Overcast with thunder this morning and guess what!!, the icon is mostly sunny! :frowning:

The metar reports overcast with thunder and lightning and guess what?!, the icon is still sunny. :frowning:

bad icon…bad!

Brian

Regardinf my previous post

Program Colour Settings

Menu: ‘Setup / General and colour/Misc/tide. setup / Setup program colours’

I have got around to changing the program colour setting now my other operational problems have beem resolved (Thank you). And I am having problems with a couple of parameters. The option selected is not saved or is giving an unusual effect.

I changed the colour of the ‘data box’ and ‘rain tank’ but didn’t like what I selected and tried to change them back.

The option for the colour selection of the ‘data box colour’ works until the next screen refresh during the ftp routine. The colour then reverts to the selection I first made but didn’t like. even though when checking the colour selected last is still shown as selected by the colour showing the dotted outline in the selection window.

The rain tank has a different effect. When the program starts, after an update or other maintenance I do. the rain tank show FULL until the first screen refresh during the ftp routine. Then it shows empty. before trying to change the colour options the tank showed empty from the program start.

This is not a problem. It was me, I didn’t realise I had set the enabled menu ‘General and colour/Misc/tide. Setup / Set data boxes to background colory’ to ‘Yes’.

This is a classic reason for some restructuring of the menu and item settings. Surely, this option should be included in the ‘Set up progem colours’ options.

Bob

Dear Brian,

I continue to have errors in the “Extreme Conditions” section of the main screen (and as a result, in the all-time records). Until today, it was the minimum temperture that was typically wrong every day. After installing 9.65b last night, the maximum average wind value is also wrong.

The readings in the file “32003lg.txt” for the temperature and wind speeds at the times in question are correct. Are the numbers in this file direct readings from the WMR-968?

If they are NOT direct readings, is there a file that shows the values directly from the WMR-968? I need to be able to determine whether the WMR-968 is sending out false data before my warranty expires.

If they ARE direct readings, where does the program get the erroneous values that show in the Extreme Conditions?

hi mmcgown
the -20 threshold is in oC
so yes, you need to lower it more

the data routine from the wmr968 does ue some CRC error checking,.,…

i have a new 9.65b version where the minimm temperature and and other readings will now match those values on screen…
please try a new 9.65b

oh and reelhouse, i need your settings (wdisplay.ini from c:\winnt or c:\windows, and wdisplayftp.ini from the registry) and your metar file , to fix…i.e you need to help me so i can help you

oh and reelhouse, i need your settings (wdisplay.ini from c:\winnt or c:\windows, and wdisplayftp.ini from the registry) and your metar file , to fix…i.e you need to help me so i can help you

They are on their way…

You probably didn’t notice, but in the last post, I mentioned that I am already using 9.65b. But let me monitor it for a few days and see if it’s fixed the problem.

hi michael
i updated 9.65b, so please download again

Oh! Okay, I’ve gotten the “new” 9.65b just now.

I always thought when you updated a program you changed the version number/letter…

Here’s hoping that 9.65b+ works for me!

i am intending on adding more data quality checks for extra sensor data from the wmr968
versions:
i am giving everyone and including myself a break, but i am still working on adding and finishing off a pile of requests for WD…in the background…in between kids school ativitiies, Playcenter with the 2 youngest as well as farm jobs, answering emauils, forums, etc etc etc :slight_smile:

Brian,

You deserve a break!

Take one, look after your kids, and have some fun.

We’ll still be here when you return!

Thanks for all of your efforts.

Using version 9.67–look at today’s minimum temperature:

e gad
there is a solution:
I set up a user definable upper and lower limits for temperature/humidity and windspeed (gust) that you know you will not reach…to avoid bad data like this (which could be for a number of different reasons)
what say all?

Brian,

I had thought about this some time ago, but WD has settled down since all my changes and updates.

But, to answer your question, Yes I think it would be a good addition.

Bob