BRIAN Can you create an option to send IP address to...

Identified the ip address of the pc with WD that have upload a file to server ?

This option i can used to connect at remote pc where WD running and upload files by dial-up connection, to modified parameters and other.

For example you can create two option.

1. create a gif file with ip address after the WD connecting by dial-up and send this file by ftp address used for transfer other files (summary,wxlocal …)

2. create an option in ftp setup , whit which i have a time to read by browser (as internet explorer) the gif with ip address before the connection close.You could addedd in ftp option a box to insert how much second the connection must be active before automatic hangup.

For Example: I insert value of 120 seconds and active this option

The WD connecting at internet by dial-up modem connection.
WD generate gif with ip address
WD upload at ftp server that i insert to upload file , the gif with IP
WD esecute all FTP operations of agenda items
After wait for 120 second before hangup modem.

You understand?

it would be wonderful if you realized this option

Cheers Mario

You might want to check out the remote control option already in WD. It doesn’t do exactly what you are asking but it might work for you.

yes the remote control option means you can keep the connection open by having a file on the ftp server that the ftp program checks for…

yes i know

but i need of know the ip address with which wd open connection to upload file because after, i must launch a program to complete control of pc wher WD running.

Can you help me

ok, i get ya now…
maybe i add option to upload a text file with the ip address in it (that text file you just view in a browser)

i will add this feature soon
(its becuase the pc is assigned a different ip address each time it connects to the internet, yes?)

yes brian the pc is assigned a different ip address each time it connects to the internet.

It’s necessary that you create an option in set up ftp-connection with which i can, into a box , insert how much second the connection must be active before automatic hangup. This is necessary to permit me to connect with a program to control all pc by remote.

Tanks
I wait your response

i have added this to a new 9.83e
just tick that option in the connections setup
and a file called isp.txt is uploaded and the connection stays open for the seconds you can set
i tested and it works

Great

Now i test

Cheers
Mario

I tested.

it would be better to put a tick box near “Time to stay connected…” because if i have a dsl connection this option is useless and the ftp windows remains opened …

Try with pc connected at dsl

I tested.

it would be better to put a tick box near “Time to stay connected…” because if i have a dsl connection this option is useless and the ftp windows remains opened

Do you have ticked

captt, i think your reply is intended for another post?
8)

I tested.

it would be better to put a tick box near “Time to stay connected…” because if i have a dsl connection this option is useless and the ftp windows remains opened

icemand you could set the time to say 1 second

note, i have just realised i have it that say 1 is 1 minute, not 1 second!

Ok Brian,