Bogus maximum temperature entry when WD is started

I don’t know what has happened in WD, but since about 9.85 or so, I have been having a problem with bogus maximum temperature entries when WD is started (it happens all the time and the time of the maximum temperture entry shows no particular pattern). Something must have changed in the code as I was not having these problems in earlier versions… I have to manually reset the maximum temperature each time I start WD so it would be nice to find and fix this bug. Thanks!

darn, i knew i should have held onto the vp i had here longer before setting up at my dads place…
anyone else seeing this?
does this happen after a data extract?
(make sure you have your vp data logger set to 1 minute loggin…works best with and sync best with wd’s updating system)

I’m not having any problems - but my Pro doesn’t have the Solar/UV attachment. Also, if your VP is older than January, Davis came out with a new firmware release that might help. It supposedly fixes the following items:

Vantage Pro Console Firmware - Rev B Jan 8, 2003
This firmware release has the following changes -

1. Elevation entered in meters is converted correctly.
  2. Reception diagnostics accounts for missed packets when the console was in the

This always happens when WD is first started so presumably it is during the data extract… The VP console shows normal data during the time period in question so it does not appear to be a VP issue. I have the latest console firmware installed and I am using 1 minute logging.

darn, i knew i should have held onto the vp i had here longer before setting up at my dads place.... anyone else seeing this? does this happen after a data extract? (make sure you have your vp data logger set to 1 minute loggin...works best with and sync best with wd's updating system)

one thing with the reception issue?
haqve you tried moving the console further away from the PC?

data from extract:
i could try and ignore spikes (i.e big change from the previous record)

Due to some remodeling going on at the house here, the VP console is in a different room than normal and the reception here is not quite as good. However, I’m sure that others have similiar problems so it would be a good idea to add something to WD to deal with occasional data reception loses as this would greatly increase its robustness regardless.

Thanks!
Tom

one thing with the reception issue? haqve you tried moving the console further away from the PC?

data from extract:
i could try and ignore spikes (i.e big change from the previous record)