Averages/Exteremes max wind speed is incorrect

Under Averages/Extremes
Maximum windspeed = 15.0 mph from 171

Well you could always try some different weather software that wasn’t so patched together :slight_smile:

Well you could always try some different weather software that wasn't so patched together :)

:evil: Since you are a “Weather Newbie” we will excuse the poor comment on WD. Now for a few questions:

1. Since you are a “newbie” what are your experiences with other weather software?
  2. What exactly do you mean by “patched”? If you are really meaning why so many versions, these are called updates.
  3. Can you write us some better software? For less than $50?

Pleasant Dreams!

http://home.sc.rr.com/reelhouse

Ian, the data comes from the log file, so have a look there

some of the problem me thinks arises from the some what intermitant reporting of data from a wmr918 station,…
i,.e WD expects wind data every 15 seconds, and fills an array up with that, and then each minute checks the max in the array for that period…and logs that
it should work OK…

the maximum average on the display time is the time that that wind acgtaul arrived…
but its not logged until the next minute roll over

the other thing is the log file and averages/extreme winspeed reading you refer is the 1 minute average speed , of all the readinds for that minute, wheras the main display max average is the instaneous max average

i think that will explain it

I think you hit on it when you say that the log file contains the 1 minute average speed, not peak speed for that minute. The log file also use integer knots, which introduces the whole issue of rounding and unit conversion, all of which may add to the puzzle.

/Ian

1. Since you are a "newbie" what are your experiences with other weather software?

Lots of them actually!

2. What exactly do you mean by "patched"? If you are really meaning why so many versions, these are called updates.

No they’re called bug fixes, hundreds of them!

3. Can you write us some better software? For less than $50?

Well actually yes! Its not very difficult really!

Hi
Could cumulus come out of the closet and let us know who he is.
:slight_smile:
Note:
I only program weather display in my spare time (I am a father of 3 your children and a dairy farmer (its just me and the wife, no worker to do the work) as a hobby.
It has been developed over the last 3 years from input from users.
I dont force the software on anyone.
If people like it, after the 30 day trial, then they purchase it and register it
More than 1600 people around the world have, despite there being other software on the market, so I think that is a great achivement and is a credit to everyone involved.
Its as simple as that.
Bugs:
Well, I dont have any of the weather stations people use, and I live in a mild maritime climate and dont get weather extremes, so that makes it hard.
Also, there are lots of different combinations of setups that can cause un expected results, and computers and hardware/other software combintations can cause problems too.
Are you using the latest version?
What weather station type do you have?
What problems do you have?

Do want help or are you just wanting to stir things up?

Ouch, you guys have a poor sense of humour, I did post a :slight_smile: after my original post, it was meant to be sarcasm but obviously Reelhouse needs a humour transplant!

Hey ho, onwards and upwards :smiley:

constructive critisicm is usualy best
merry xmas