Android widget to display clientraw.txt

Latest update improves an already good Android widget. Registered here today so I could say nice work developer and thanks.
Great work very much appreciated.

Yes, looks great.
Noticed we have a moon in there.
What exactely are the settings for this.
I think the translations need a bit of work.

Thanks for updating.

I’m still searching for the right settings in Weather Display. After 2 weeks of testing I have only seen a sun and a moon; nothing else :?

If you want to help with that, go ahead :slight_smile:

Not sure if I’m missing something obvious but I can’t see where the forecast or observation icon comes from in clientraw.txt
When I check through my parsed clientraw I can’t see anywhere that ccould be used to select an icon.

I often get asked about Andriod and Iphone apps for WD
could I add a link to the download page to where to download or info on how to find on the app stores?

I had the cloud with rain icon yesterday when it rained.
I will take a look at the translation.

If you use the site http://www.tnetweather.com/wd-parser.php to parse your clientraw, you will see that the fields 15 and 48 represent the forecast and current condition.

Ah, thanks. I was looking at something completely different. I have a clientraw parser that give me a much shorter amount of data, time to look for an updated version.

Work fine on Samsung Galaxy Ace2!
It’s possible to add “max gust last hour” ?

Alberto

My phone never gets locked or sleeps, I have it setup to simply turn off the screen and the widget only updates when I tap it…

Would it be possible to add a Timed Update option, such as every 15 minutes or 30 or 60?

If possible it would also be nice to have a active time frame setting, Update every XX minutes between XX O’Clock and XX O’Clock…

Just asking :wink:

-Bob

This configuration is already there: Period: Enter the auto-update period in minutes or 0 to disable.

I’ll add this to the list…an maybe, someday if I release a new version…

Well color me blind… Don’t know why i didn’t see that but thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile:

-Bob

Sent by email (but no reply):

[i]Hi Luc,

Thank you for this great app! :slight_smile:

I have 2 suggestions which you might want to implement:

1. Is there a possibility to let the user choose if s/he wants to have the outside frame or not? I would prefer not to have the frame there.
  2. Is there a possibility to have an optional clock and date?

I have attached a screenshot what I mean with the clock. It would be great to have that where the forecast icon is normally (or below is ok too).
[/i]
Secondly: I believe you have a bug there. I emailed Brian the screenshots and he ask to report it to the developer of teh widget since he might have mixed things up.
I submit the clientraw file created by WD to my server. The “wind gust speed” is most of the time lower than the “average wind speed”. How can this happen? Shown gust speed should be higher than the average wind speed, no?

Cheers
Scirocco :slight_smile:

ludg hasn’t been logged in to the forum since August 15, 2013, 04:54:19 PM

Oh, is he still alive? I haven’t received replies to my email either.
Any suggestions on other widgets/apps who would do the same job?
Thank you.

Cheers

Great app from Luc, have used it from day one.

I also have iWDL from Sietse installed.

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/44396

Hi,

Thank you but there is no such app for Android.

Cheers

I’m still alive.

Added to my to-do list.

I’m using the 1st and 2nd fields of the clientraw file for the wind speed and gusts. These are the same fields used by Weather-Display Live and it show the same values for both applications (widget and WDL).

I monitored the values in the clientraw file for my station this morning and sometimes the gusts is lower then the average speed.
So, I checked the log file of the data received from my station and the gust is always higher then the windspeed in there #-o

I don’t know what to do about that :frowning:

Luc

Hi mate,

Thanks a lot for your reply. :slight_smile:
Maybe Brian can help there to use a different value?

Cheers

PS: While you are on there, is there any chance you add a clock with date too? Much appreciated. I’m sure a few people would be happy to pay a few bucks if needed…