An old chestnut perhaps?

Hi to the WD fraternity - having trouble with reliable FTPing to web page - manual uploads work fine but only about one in four automatic uploads get through.

The ineviatably finish up like this (FTP Log file) - I have deleted much of the signing on procedure - what intrigues me is its wish to find a host in 1999!

list of files uploaded*
actual messages from upload session*
Starting to Dial Connection: Caverock
Initializing…
Modem change status, # 1
Initializing…
Modem change status, # 2
Dialing…
Modem change status, # 3
Dialing…
Modem change status, # 4
Dialing…
Modem change status, # 5
Verifying user name and password…
Modem change status, # 6
Modem change status, # 7
Modem change status, # 8
User name and password verified.
Modem change status, # 9
Successfully connected.
Modem change status, # 10
Finshed email agenda
Finshed email agenda, and more Internet agenda items to do…
Logging onto FTP server…ftp.tokaanuskihire.co.nz
ERROR: 11001: [11001] Host not found at time/date 00:00:00 30/12/99
Doing abort procedure/program close…

COMMENTS . . . . . ?

Hi! Yesterday, 9/15 2003 My PC wouldn’t hook up (by Modem ) to either of my ISP’s! Kept getting an error that my log-in or password were in- correct! At the same time FTP’ing went beserk with "couldn’t find some date in 1898 "or thereabouts! Finally had to completely delete all the connections in control panel and redo them. Then I had to restart the pc and WD. Interestingly, the real graph started in 1898 and jumped to 9/15/2003 with the first input from my console! Been working fine except FTP is not posting to CWOP (USA)since! Wunder is doing Fine as is my Website. Any info on CWOP?

Ed

hi
cwop is down by the looks…
i have not changed anything there…
its down for me too…and others.////

spreydon:
not sure why my tokanuskihire ftp server you are having dificulty with…
there should be no difference between manual or auto upload…

what speed modem, etc…and what is your phone line like…etc…

oh and i will look into the date bug too on the ftp error log

hi cwop is down by the looks... i have not changed anything there... its down for me too...and others...
aprswest went down for me last night. I made aprsca.net my primary server and it has been working well for me.

Changed mine and its working also. Thanks!

hi cwop is down by the looks... i have not changed anything there... its down for me too...and others...
aprswest went down for me last night. I made aprsca.net my primary server and it has been working well for me.
Thread-Topic: aprswest IP address From: "Russ Chadwick" To: "Bryce Percival"

Real-To: “Russ Chadwick” [email protected]

Hi Bryce,

APRSWEST is changing ISPs and the old one disconnected before the new
one was ready. Try port 23 aprsca.net or port 14580 aprsfl.net

Aprswest should be back in a day or so

Russ

Hi Brian,

Now on Version 9.91e - Still most unreliable FTPing on scheduled up-loads. Phone fine, Modem 52, and ISP fine.

WD dials up server O.K. lists Password protocols ten times then collapses with a failure to contact host (tokoaanu) at 00:00:00 31/12/99.

Manual uploading works every time. Problem is only ocurring with scheduled uploading.

it must be something to do with the fact its thinking its connected to teh internet before it actualy is…
i.e that number you see, modema status change…i will make it where you set the threshold before carrying on
that will be the solution
stand by././//

download a new 9.91d
http://www.weather-display.com/download/wdisplay32.exe
then in the connections setup, top box under get isp, increase the number there for modem change status (default is 13)

Hi to the Fraternity,

Thanks Brian - V9.91e working like a charm - no more FTP difficulties.

I think you are absolutely amazing for your time and dedication - but surely more amazing must be your partner who lets you do it!

Best wishes to the WD family.

thats good that is fixed
yes, its a big juggling act!

i had disastor today
i straigtened out my anenmeter pole, as it was bent after a 48 knot hail squall…because one of the guy wires was broken,…
and i over straightened it and it came crashing down and broke the anenometer
so i am now using the other station i have on the hill top, the weather hawk