Air Density

Brain, can you find a formula to add the air density reading onto the main WD page? :idea:

This little javascript routine should work. I wrote it for WeatherLink, but have changed the tags for use with Weather Display. Haven’t tested it with Weather Display yet, but give it a

If you want more or less granularity, change the (density,3) to another value. The “3” as written will produce three digits to the right of the decimal point. Change that to whatever value you want.

This little javascript routine should work. I wrote it for WeatherLink, but have changed the tags for use with Weather Display. Haven't tested it with Weather Display yet, but give it a

If you want more or less granularity, change the (density,3) to another value. The “3” as written will produce three digits to the right of the decimal point. Change that to whatever value you want.

Where would I put this script into ? So I copy this script :
density = %baro% / (2.87 * %tempinmetric%)
document.write(setDecimalPoint(density,3))

Is there a file I paste the script into ?

Place it wherever you want it to appear. You’ll need to paste everything between and including the tags into your page. If you’re using the “stock” Weather Display web page, you’ll need to tick the box that says “Let me manage the datahtm02.txt” page and paste it somewhere in the “datahtm02.txt” or “datahtm0.txt” pages.

Place it wherever you want it to appear. You'll need to paste everything between and including the tags into your page. If you're using the "stock" Weather Display web page, you'll need to tick the box that says "Let me manage the datahtm02.txt" page and paste it somewhere in the "datahtm02.txt" or "datahtm0.txt" pages.

I dont think i did it right. Have a look

http://www.snowmaking-technologies.com/files/ourweather/ourweather.htm

For some reason the “view source” feature on my browser isn’t working this morning, so I can’t see your original code. It may be that the *.txt files provided don’t allow for inserting javascript. If you’re using any custom web pages, give it a try there. For that matter, even if you’re not, try one: create a file called wxlocal.html and drop this javascript in there and turn on the “custom web page” feature in Weather Display. Then look at the resulting page (which will be called “wx.html”). If it works there, you’re doing it right but won’t be able to use it on the standard web page.

Perhaps when Brian gets a chance, he can use the formula in that javascript to produce an air density reading that can go into the standard page. Good luck!

Can someone explain?

I dunno, did’nt work for me either.