2nd Alternative Dashboard Script

I like it. Everything has its own place and easy to tell what goes together by the boxes.

:-k In the 4.2 version, there are separate Sun, Moon, and Almanac sections. You could incorporate those into a single section.

I’ve used the 4.x version and copied over a thing or two from the 5.x. And a few rearrangements of the data tables gave me what I like. (www.lascruces-weather.com)

One add that I made (I don’t know if it’s been changed since the 4.x version) that I found very helpful to me was to red flag the VP status reporting. It goes below a certain voltage, the number (or the “LOW”) reports in red.

<tr>
<td class="data2" style="text-align: center;  font-size: 6pt;" colspan="2" >
<?php echo "ICN:" . $iconnumber; 

if ( strstr( $vpissstatus, "Low" ) )
  {
    $lowvolt = "<span style =\"color:red; font-weight:bold\">" . $vpissstatus . "</span>";
    echo "ISS:" . $lowvolt;
  }
 else echo "ISS:" . $vpissstatus;

if ($useVPst)  
 {  //  Show Vantage Pro status data
   $lowvolt = "<span style =\"color:red; font-weight:bold\">" . $vpconsolebattery . "</span>";
   if ( $vpconsolebattery < 3.6) echo "CON:" . $lowvolt; 
    else echo "CON:" . $vpconsolebattery;
   echo "RCP:" . $vpreception2;
  } // end $useVPst 
 ?>
</td>
</tr>

I never noticed when the ISS status is “Low” or the voltage is low until I added that.

My 3.6 value, of course, should be a user set variable in the config area but I think I remember the Console showing “Low Battery” at 3.5. The extra .9 volts gives me enough time to remember to buy batteries. :lol:

Combining the SUN & MOON sections under one header is what I did on mine. I think I copied the concept from the 5.x dash in order to use the AQI box (also 5.x). That way SUN was also aligned with SOLAR INFO.

IIRC, the Almanac toggles with another table - Lightning? - but I did move that one over to the right to keep STATION RECORDS under the TEMP column. Also, if & when I ever get a Boltek, the Lightning info will be next to the Fire Risk table.

I felt it gave it a cleaner look within the table head alignments and kept the data more relative to what was around it.

Did something similar a while back on my site

http://tokoroaweatherlive.net/mini-dash.php

Many of my regular veiwers found the main dash to be too complex and busy

Clean & compact. I really dig the Almanac data under the banner picture. THAT looks real good!

I really like that Scott!!

I’m currently using the YoWindow widget in place of the current conditions icon.
That would look really sharp across the top of the current conditions.

Clean. I like it.

Recommendation: Put AQI in column w/ CBI.

Good design…breaks things up a bit…fresh look also…I’m ready for it when you are!!

Hi Scott, have been using your alt dashboard from Ken’s recently and has added more info to my site.

With my old dashboard I used Soil temp (both 5cm or 10cm) and also soil moisture.

Using this code I uploaded to my AjaxWDwx.js onto Ken’s template. I think this may be beneficial to some along side the Irrigation Index on the present dashboard and maybe your new development to have some sort of gardening or agricultural section.

//Soil Temperature ...
                                   soiltemp = clientraw[14];
                                   set_ajax_obs("ajaxsoiltemp",soiltemp);

//Soil Temperature ...
                                   soiltemp = clientraw[22];
                                   set_ajax_obs("ajaxsoiltemp2",soiltemp);

//Soil Moisture ...
                                   soilmoisture = clientraw[157];
                                   set_ajax_obs("ajaxsoilmoisture",soilmoisture);

Can you think of a place on the dasboard now that I can implement thisas I seem to be breaking the template now when I place it. I’m also using Meerkat’s .js atm. V9.11

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will see if I can add them in, at least as options in some of the cases.

Scott

Well I think I finally have the first row pretty much finalized (for now). The second row is pretty close though the doubled up sections will become two rows for all but the rain column.

Scott

A second version of my Alternative Dashboard is getting close to a final look now. All the rows are for the most part complete. I will make the Almanac area optionally available for Soil Moisture or Leaf Moisture if there is interest in that. (I don’t have those sensors so would need a beta tester) If anyone wants to make suggestions or comments, it can be viewed at:

http://www.websterweatherlive.com/index6.php

The Lightning Strikes section switches to Snow in the winter months. I need an idea for an optional section for that square if someone doesn’t want lightning or snow!

Scott

Scott will this new dashboard require the newest ajax version 9.11?

Yes, it uses the new version though I have modified it a bit so will probably release a version of that as well to handle a couple new things.

Scott

Nice look to it Scott!

Hi Scott,

Your version 6.0 looking good. I still have not gotten version 5 to validate with W3C was trying as time permits. Hope that version 6 will work for me when you release it. I did notice that your beta version 6 does not validate as of yet. A few errors here and there. Hope that you will be able to resolve those issues as well.

Have a good safe week end.

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

Yeah, so far it’s still a bit jumbled with all the code moved and I’m trying to standardize the code a bit and clean it up. It will be validated before I release it.

Scott

That looks great. Thanks and looking forward to the release.

Hi Scott,

Your version 6.0 looking very good. If you need a beta tester just let me know.

I have your ver 5.03, it’s working great.

Thanks,

John